RGE22 - Reservoir characterization & modeling
RGE2023_RESERVOIR CHARACTERIZATION & MODELING_A. TORRES (IFP SCHOOL)
RGE2023 _ RESERVOIR CHARACTERIZATION & MODELING_G. FABRE (CVA)
The general objective is to build a static reservoir model (geological model) of the Alwyn field, to be used as an input for a reservoir simulation model (input for the next teaching unit: RGE14 Reservoir Simulation).
The aims of this course are:
- to provide a clear understanding of techniques and challenges related to reservoir characterization modeling (focus on reservoir properties);
- to build required competencies for reservoir geologists to analyze a specific dataset and build a simple, reliable static model;
- to emphasize reservoir modeling’s main objectives, i.e. to reduce subsurface uncertainties (as well as to reduce risk and to optimize investments);
- to actually build a robust static model allowing volumetric evaluation, and upscale it.
- to perform a critical analysis of all types of data, assess and integrate them at each step of the reservoir characterization process;
- to implement a standard methodology for integrated reservoir characterization & modeling, from data QC down to in-place accumulation volumetric estimation via the analysis of data-related uncertainty.
List of speakers