OLD POLY07 - Polymer chemistry and polymerization reaction engineering
Polymer reaction engineering - T. Mc KENNA
POLYMER STRUCTURE, PROPERTIES AND CHARACTERIZATION - P. BABIN
- Be able to link properties to the structure and conformation of the polymer
- Have an overview of the main polymer characterization methods used in industry.
- Have an overview about the different polymerization synthesis and the resulting polymers.
- Be able to describe the main characteristics of each polymerization system on a chemical and a process point of view.
- Describe the Polymer Reaction Engineering (Product by process, differences with small molecule processes)
- Do a rapid overview of some industrial processes to illustrate some of the problems encountered in industry
- Develop knowledge base necessary for the design of reactors taught in TU 5
- Understand the underlying motivations and constraints encountered in developing processes for the productions of commodity polymers
List of speakers
Jean-Charles DE HEMPTINNE